Wild Corn! A celebration of our staple crop! Corn snow!
BUY TICKETS HERE: https://goo.gl/yps8ie
We are super excited to launch this event to announce several glade skiing projects in the states of NH and ME and join different trail groups from across the northeast for one night of shindiggery goodness!!
We will have several guest speakers including the keynote speaker and godfather of northeast b/c skiing David Goodman (author of Appalachian Mountain Club's Best Backcountry Skiing in the Northeast). David will discuss the issues related with trail disclosure, secret stashes, the 4th edition, and changes in backcountry skiing since his first book in 1989.
Liz Burakowski from Protect Our Winters will be taking the floor talking about this wacky winter and what it means for GBA's glading projects and winter recreation in the future!
We’ll also have Catamount Trail Association, RASTA, Vermont Backcountry Alliance and GBA’s Granbassadors Ben Leoni and Andrew Drummond!
Music from BlueBus Semimobile Orchestra and plenty of appetizers, vendors, raffles, auctions and FUN! More to come and hopefully a few surprises too!
High Alpine Level: SCARPA, Flylow Gear, DPS SKIS, Helly Hansen, Amalgam Skis, Ski Chic-Chocs
Treeline Level: Backcountry Access, Inc., Patagonia, Osprey Packs,Cranmore Mountain Resort,
Glade Level: Chalmers Insurance Group, Hancock Lumber Company, ReVision Energy, Backcountry Magazine, Town & Country Resort Hotel, Voile
Hut Level: Julbo USA, GrandyOats, Carrabassett Valley Academy, Smith Optics
Tickets: $10 (available on eventbrite) / $15 at door!
CASH BAR | Food a la carte
- 5-7pm: Back-pres! Mingle with land managers, trail organizations, vendors, fellow skiers and riders, and more! BBQ, live music (Bear Mountain Band)
- 6-6:30: Wild Corn Invitational Rando Race (tentative with snow) at the base of Cranmore Mountain. Watch a dozen elite new england racers move faster than your eye twitch in an exhibition rando race to establish the true corn star of the bunch!
- 7-8pm: Keynote Speakers!
- Vermont Backcountry Alliance / Catamount Trail Association / RASTA
- Liz Burakowksi, Protect Our Winters
- David Goodman, author of Best Backcountry Skiing in the Northeast - the GODFATHER of NORTHEAST BACKCOUNTRY!
- 8-10: BlueBus Semimobile Orchestra live on stage!!! Raffles, Auctions, etc - all throughout the night!
Tickets can be purchased here: